A Guide to Small Business Saturday
We love our town. And we love to support small business. So, we rounded up a rundown of the stores/restaurants/goodness in San Anselmo as a guide for you for Small Business Saturday.
Food and Restaurants:
- Barton’s - our next door neighbor & perhaps the most popular place in San Anselmo. Handmade and delicious.
- Creekside Pizza and Taproom- an amazing beer menu and delicious grub including gluten free options.
- Flour Craft Bakery- gluten free and so good you won’t understand how they do it.
- Baan Thai Cuisine- some of the best Thai food we have ever had. They are Michelin Guide Recommended.
- The Coffee Roastery- the perfect spot to hang outside on our perfect Marin days
- Sushi 69- that salmon roll.. need we say more?
- Hilda’s Coffee Shop- possibly the best pancakes we have ever consumed.
- San Anselmo Gelato- our kids could live here. YUM.
- Marin Coffee Roasters- the hub of community. Good coffee, people & food.
- Cucina sa- if I could eat here every single day I would.
- Sugar- such a cool candy shop. A favorite in town, perfect for kids and adults.
- Ludwig’s Fine Wine and Spirit- love this shop and the humans behind it. A great selection.
- Amphora Nueva San Anselmo Olive Oil Works- have you had their olive oil? HEAVEN. No kitchen should be without it.
- A&A coffee- new to the avenue. Check them out!
- Comforts- Chicken Okasan and lots of tasty a la carte items but above all else...Chinese Chicken Salad.
- MH Bread & Butter- fresh baked bread and super yummy pastries. Breakfast, brunch, lunch, you name it. It all tastes like god herself made it.
- Valenti & Co. Restaurant- in the lower floor of the historic San Anselmo Inn! Awesome Italian food and cozy vibes
- San Anselmo Optometry- a great selection of glasses and the nicest humans.
- Wink Optics- what a selection of hard to find glasses brands and sunglasses. Wonderful people and great vibe.
- Eden Day Spa- I got a facial here and it was heaven. They are knowledgeable and wonderful.
- Stamina Fitness- a cult favorite for fitness with the nicest owners on the planet.
- Ross Valley Crossfit - another cult favorite, and for good reason. RVC gets results and builds community in such a special way.
- Marin Power Yoga- this place is a dream, in fitness and in staff. The owners build community in a way that makes us cry. So thankful for them.
- Pilates ProWorks San Anselmo- great place to get your sweat on. They love to work you (in the best way).
- Lumina Optometry- very helpful and friendly people serving Marin for many many years.
Hair Salons: (So many great ones to make you feel and look your best)
- Dollface Beauty - such a great spot for brows, lashes & make-up
- Whiplash- specializing in lash extensions and owned by a super rad human, Lacey. She is amazing at her craft.
Family & Home:
- Julie Neil Home + Design- Julie brings such a great selection of home-goods to the avenue. A talented designer & stager with a mean eye, we are lucky to have her.
- Dogville- such a great pet store with a super thoughtful selection of the best goods for your animal friends. Staysea is wonderful and has pioneered retail in our town with passion.
- Wild Minimalist- a zero waste store that is incredibly thoughtful in everything they offer. They do the research to make it easier for us to have a smaller footprint.
- Fig Garden- so many great things here. Gifts galore and incredible clothing.
- Town Books- what a great addition to our town. Always a great selection for such an incredible price.
- Heldfond Book Gallery Ltd- beautiful rare and classic book collections!
- Whytes Booksmith- new, old, used, classic, and beautiful books! Seriously something for every reader of any age. such a staple in the town.
- Susan's Store Room- you will walk in and just stare. treasures every gosh darn direction. for all ages.
- Reflections- beautiful selections for gifts or a new accent piece to any outfit.
Tenxing Tibetan Gift Shop- closing soon so get in while you still can!
- Georgi and Willow - second hand goods from Goodwill that have been curated for us.
- SeeSaw Children’s Consignment- one of our favorite stores. An insanely good collection of items used and new for kids. And the owner, Anna, is the best human on the planet.
- Gioia Boutique- a great selection of women's items that is beautifully curated. Gioia has been on the avenue for years and her style is amazing.
- Sidekicks- filled with some of our favorite brands, Sidekicks has a wonderful selection of clothing & accessories. Pam, the owner, is a dream.
- Sax- one of the best consignment stores we have ever seen, Sax is always filled with insane treasures that are thoughtfully curated.
- Kismet- we will take one of everything please! Kismet is filled with great current brands and is always on the mark, thanks to owner Erica.
- Chadwick’s of London- lingerie and sleepwear that you will love.
- Be One With- another designer, Be One With is a collection of their own handmade bags as well as clothing and accessories from other small makers. Super duper well done.
- Beach House Style- such great finds in this store. Incredible clothing, accessories and home-goods. You could go in and come out with three truckloads of items, each one perfect.
- Blanc- out of this world clothing that is incredibly well made. Mostly from Europe & Japan, everything is just so gorgeous. I get so inspired in this store and often find myself studying each piece.
- Marin Power Yoga: the shop- an extension of our beloved MPY where you can buy their branded goods as well as workout wear from others, including Alo & Lululemon. Incredibly great items. And, once again, the best people.
Writing this merchant spotlight was such a great reminder to us of all the good in our town. We hope it is a reminder for you, too.
Please support your amazing local merchants this holiday season and throughout the year!